- Our main task is to make sure that your coffee machine produces the best tasting coffee
- Diagnosing faults
- Repairing/replacing faulty parts
- Alignment, prophylaxis, descaling
We can issue defect certificates for insurance, which will reimburse your repair costs.
Repairing coffee machines - the most common problems and their causes
When it comes to the quality of the coffee produced, the most common problems with coffee machines are: no foam or too much air splashing (bubbles), coffee too weak, strong, sour, bitter or tasteless, water flowing unevenly, bad coffee the first time you make it, clogged portafilter or coffee machine in need of descaling. These problems are not insurmountable and some of them can be solved quite simply by yourself before seeking specialist repair.
No foam or lack of flavour
The lack of foam is most likely due to stale beans that have been roasted for more than 3 weeks. The flavour of ground coffee beans that are not used immediately begins to dissipate and the coffee is no longer foamy. If the beans are freshly roasted but the problem persists, they may be degassed. Use only fresh, quality beans.
Too many air bubbles in the coffee foam / coffee too acidic
This is often the case when coffee beans are too freshly roasted. This is possible when you prepare the coffee beans yourself at home. Roasted coffee beans need 2-3 days to degas. In addition, if the coffee continues to be sour, the brewing temperature may be slightly too low. In this case, if the settings are correct, the coffee machine needs to be repaired.
Coffee too weak or too strong or bitter
If you've tried adjusting the coffee strength setting in the coffee machine settings and it doesn't work, the coffee may be too weak for other reasons. Firstly, stale/boiled coffee - weak coffee. Secondly, the coffee may not have been brewed/boiled long enough. Thirdly, if your coffee is weak and bitter, it could be the opposite - the coffee has been overcooked or brewed at too high a temperature. If the coffee beans are of good quality and the settings are good, your coffee machine is in need of repair.
The first cup of coffee is bad
This is because the machine produces coffee without reaching the correct operating temperature. In this case, please wait after switching on the coffee machine, or if the problem is annoying, repairs are needed.
Clogging of the portafilter
Dark roast coffee contains more oils and other soluble substances. If dark roast coffee is ground too finely, it will clog the portafilter. It is possible that the grinder needs to be repaired or the wrong coffee is being used.
Coffee runs too weak or the quality of the coffee is poor, even though everything mentioned has been tested
Perform the descaling yourself (see the instructions for using the coffee machine) or contact us for a professional service descaling or repairing your coffee machine.
Coffee machine maintenance
First of all, the biggest problem we face is the accumulation of sediment due to poor water quality. This significantly shortens the lifetime of the coffee machine and causes problems requiring costly repairs. Use only filtered, softened water.
Maintaining your coffee machine: everyday tasks
Cleaning the group head
After grinding, concentrating and extracting the coffee, it is important to rinse or clean the group head immediately to remove all coffee grounds and oils. If you allow the coffee grounds to settle in the group head, sediment will build up on the group head. Even if it looks clean on the outside, the inside may be full of dirt.
Cleaning the steam wand
Cleaning the steam wand is also very important, as milk build-up can cause damage and affect the taste. It is best if the steam wand is cleaned both before and after steaming the milk. This can be done simply by placing a cloth on the end of the steam wand and turning it on for 1-2 seconds. This will ensure that no residual water from the steam wand enters the milk. After steaming the milk, be sure to wipe the steam wand off immediately and leave it on again for another 1-2 seconds. Preferably with a damp cloth.
Another maintenance option you can add to your daily routine is a quick backwash. In our offices, we keep a single or double spouted portafilter with a backwash blank in it. When we finish our morning coffee, a quick rinse and wipe of the dispersion strainer.
Coffee machine maintenance: work every 2-4 weeks
A full cleanse is needed every 2-4 weeks. Remove the dispersion strainer and soak the strainer and the portafilter basket in the cleaning solution. Scrub the group with a brush and perform a complete backwash.
Coffee machine maintenance: work every 6 months
It is important to clean the grinder and the steam wand (if you use one) every six months. Simply soak the wand in the cleaning solution and pass a small amount of it through the grinder. Also check the filter in the water softening system and replace it if necessary.
Coffee machine maintenance: once a year
After a year, it's worth changing the group insert and display. It's an easy way to ensure your coffee machine keeps working well.
Repairing your coffee machine - how to do it yourself?
See the YouTube video below. You can also follow these instructions WikiHow.
Need professional coffee machine repairs? Contact our contacts Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda.
Looking for more information on coffee machine repairs? Read our coffee machine repair news and tips
- Guidelines for coffee machine maintenance and repairKavos mėgėjams ne paslaptis, kad nuostabaus kavos kvapo ir skonio paslaptis slypi ne tik kokybiškuose pupelėse, bet ir gerai prižiūrimame kavos aparate. Norint išlaikyti aparato veikimą tinkamame lygyje, labai svarbu jį reguliariai valyti. Kaip tinkamai prižiūrėti ir valyti kavos aparatą Pradėkite nuo vidaus praplovimo. Paruoškite valymo tirpalą, sumaišydami vandenį su actu lygiomis dalimis. Supilkite šį tirpalą į ...
- How to ensure the longevity of your coffee machine: daily maintenance and tipsCoffee machines are an important part of our daily lives, allowing us to enjoy great coffee every day. It is therefore very important to take good care of these appliances to ensure they last a long time and last well. The importance of daily coffee machine maintenance One of the most important things to do is to buy a softening filter. This will help prevent the coffee machine from becoming cloudy, which can adversely affect the taste of the coffee. Some machines already have built-in water ...
- When you need help: coffee machine repairs for your home, business or officeWhen we have a coffee machine fault, it is important to find a reliable and professional technician to help us. If you're looking for quality coffee machine repair, you've come to the right place. I am a coffee machine technician with experience in repairing all brands of coffee machines. My approach to my work is to avoid superficial, short-term solutions, as they often lead to bigger problems in the future. Every repair ...
- How to choose a coffee machine repair and maintenance technician: important considerationsWhen it's time to choose a coffee machine repair and maintenance specialist, it's important to consider a few key factors. Understanding prices, maintenance features, cleaning methods and troubleshooting processes will help you make the best decision. We also offer tips on how you can fix simpler coffee machine faults yourself, but you should be aware that regardless of the model of machine, it's often best to go to ...
- What do I need to know about repairing or cleaning my coffee machine?Preventive cleaning and repair of your coffee machine is an important process that not only ensures the longevity of the machine, but can also slightly change the taste of your favourite coffee and the performance of the machine. So what changes can you expect? Ensuring cleanliness and safety. Preventive cleaning removes mould, grease, dirt and lime deposits from the internal system. In addition, the inside of the system is coated with ...
- Choosing and maintaining a new coffee machine at home: how to do it right?A coffee machine is an integral part of any home kitchen, especially for those who appreciate a delicious and aromatic cup of coffee. However, when choosing a new coffee machine, many questions can arise, from functionality to the finer points of maintenance. So how do you choose the right coffee machine for your home and how do you maintain it properly? How do I choose a coffee machine? Type of coffee machine The first thing to decide is which type of coffee ...
- Coffee machine control buttons not workingThe control buttons on your coffee machine are important for its proper functioning. If the control buttons of the coffee machine do not work, serious consequences may result. The main cause of failure of the control buttons is mechanical wear and tear. Over time, the components of the control system may wear out due to continuous use or prolonged exposure to heat. In some cases, the buttons may fail mechanically due to external factors such as water damage or ...
- Slow response on the coffee machine screenPossible reasons for slow response on the coffee machine screen can range from a slower processor to hardware or software problems. If the coffee machine is used commercially, slow response times can also be caused by a system overload due to heavy use. Another possible cause of slow response on the coffee machine screen could be outdated software or firmware installed in the machine. Due to ...
- The coffee machine is not producing all types of coffee possible causesThere are several possible reasons why a coffee machine may not produce all types of coffee. The most common culprits are clogged filters, insufficient water or beans, incorrect setting and damaged internal components. Clogged filters can be the cause of inconsistent flavour when brewing coffee. To ensure maximum flavour and smoothness of your coffee, it is important to clean or replace the filter regularly. If the machine doesn't have enough water, it won't be able to ...
- Problems with the control of a coffee machineModern coffee machines are designed to be easy to use and efficient, but they can also present management problems. The perfect cup of coffee often requires a precise temperature-to-water ratio, which advanced coffee machines can easily control. However, when these components are not properly calibrated, they can cause a variety of problems. Possible problems that can arise from incorrectly adjusted ...